Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Michigan Tuesday: Has A Crazy Idea and Updates the Leatherwood Recruitment

Image result for alex leatherwood
Scout.com
The highest ranked prospect to visit Ann Arbor this weekend was FL 5 star offensive lineman Alex Leatherwood.   This 6'6 330 pound OT prospect has been committed to Alabama for over a year.  Last night, he posted on Twitter that Michigan was the best visit he has been on and he will definitely be back.  He also removed "Alabama Commit" on his Twitter profile.    As you know, many recruits feel that way right after a visit.   If that feeling continues as the season progresses and as he takes more visits, we will see.   Don't hold your breath but keep an eye on this recruitment.  

On a side note, Alex's Dad was not a big fan of visiting Michigan.   He felt his son is in the best position at Alabama and was skeptical of other schools before he arrived in Ann Arbor this weekend.   It seems Mr. Leatherwood also came away impressed with the visit and even bought a bunch of Michigan gear to wear.  They both stayed through the weekend and flew back home on Monday.

  • As expected, Grant Newsome is done for the year. Bushell-Beatty will continue to get a shot at left tackle and Cole could also move there from center.  

  • Quinn Nordin is getting healthy and could enter the kicking competition this week at practice if he is 100%.

Now to my Crazy Idea:

I have liked how Wilton Speight has played in the first 5 games this season.   He has only thrown 2 picks and had one fumble.   One of the most important things a young QB can do is to protect the ball.  Manage the game and don't lose it.   At times he has won games with his arm, other times he has let the running game do its thing.   He is 5-0 and that is best record he can have.

Michigan is playing Rutgers this week, has a bye week, and then plays Illinois at home.   I think we know what type of QB Wilton is and yes, he hopefully will continue to improve as well.   I would like to see John' O'Korn get a ton of snaps and maybe even start one of the games against Rutgers or Illinois.   John can also give this offense a bit of a spark with his scrambling and running ability. 

John only got a few snaps the first few weeks of the season.   I think he needs more experience in the Michigan offense.   I also would like to see if we have a Alex Smith- Colin Kaepernick situation here (not the National Anthem issue).   Again, this is not a knock on Wilton, I think he has done a nice job managing the offense.  I would just like to see what we have in John O'Korn.   Michigan is going to need great QB play to beat OSU at the end of year, I think we need to see if John is that QB.  

Will it ever happen?  I doubt it.  Jimmy likes to play one guy and unless Wilton gets hurt I don't think we will see much of O'Korn unless its in mop up duty.   


from The BIG HOUSE Blog http://mbighouse.blogspot.com/2016/10/michigan-tuesday-has-crazy-idea-and.html

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete