Monday, May 28, 2018

Michigan Memorial Day Monday: New 2018 PWO Offensive Lineman?

Side Note:  I will be taking some time off this week, so you will be treated to some of Michigan's 2017 season game highlights each day this week.  I will pick only the wins, because nobody wants to revisit the loses again. 


Since today is Memorial Day, I thought it would be fitting to start with Air Force.


Before we do that there is a unique situation about a potential new PWO for the 2018 class, offensive guard recruit Griffin Korican.  Griffen was a 2 star prospect and has signed to be a PWO at Oregon State but has been in discussion with Coach Warinner.   Griffin is from Seattle and is 6'5 and 295 pounds.  Per Land of 10:


“I signed a preferred walk-on with Oregon State and during my spring break [in April], I visited Michigan and talked with Coach [Ed] Warinner and he told me I could do a PWO [preferred walk-on] if they could get me into the school,” Korican said. “Long story short, they got me into Michigan and now I’m making a decision on where to go.”


The 6-foot-5, 295-pound offensive lineman said he is “pretty much” committed to Michigan, but is taking a visit on June 2 to solidify his feelings for himself and his family.


“It’s more for my parents, honestly,” Korican said. “They want to meet and talk with the coaches and I want to meet with some of the players and talk with the coaches again to make sure I’m making the right choice.”


As a 2-star prospect, Korican had offers from San Diego and the Colorado School of Mines before taking the walk-on offer from Oregon State. However, he thinks Michigan gives him a better chance to be successful.


“I feel like Michigan is the only opportunity I have earned where I will compete against the best every day, which will make me into the best player I can become,” he said. “I also really like Coach Warinner because of his old-school mentality and toughness he instills in his players.


Welcome Big Man!


  • Congratulations to former Michigan Wolverine Quinton Washington who is on the Pit Crew of Indy 500 Champ Will Power!





from The BIG HOUSE Blog http://mbighouse.blogspot.com/2018/05/michigan-memorial-day-monday-new-2018.html

No comments:

Post a Comment