Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Wolverine Wednesday: Taysom Hill Staying At BYU

One internet rumor was that BYU's QB Taysom Hill was contemplating doing a 5th year senior transfer and that Michigan would be a possible destination.   He was recruited by Jimmy while at Stanford and decided to sign with BYU.  Hill announced yesterday he is staying at BYU.   This is a good move, Michigan has a stable of QB's that they need to develop and should have one or two ready to take the lead next August.

  • Michigan Basketball took a loss to OSU last night in Columbus.  They are on the NCAA bubble and need all the wins they can get in a tough remaining schedule.

  • Sam Webb has a good article on the newest Michigan QB commit Dylan McCaffrey:  “For a while now I’ve wanted to commit early just to kind of start my class and to start recruiting my class,” McCaffrey explained.  “This week me and my parents were talking a lot about it and came the conclusion that there is no better place than Michigan.  You’re not going to find a better coaching staff, a better situation, or academic school anywhere else.  And I think I can fit there as well, which is a big thing.  I’m just so excited.”

  • The above commitment has to help the recruitment of Instate #1 player Donovan Peoples-Jones:  “I know Michigan is looking hard at Donovan Peoples-Jones,” McCaffrey stated.  “I looked at his highlight tapes and I know that would be one player that would be nice to play with. For a quarterback throwing to him would be really nice.  I haven’t gotten out much, but there will definitely be some more (targets) as I start to break down some lists. I’m looking forward to that aspect of it as well.”

  • Former Michigan commit Jeremiah Holloman now has an offer from Maryland.

  • NY OL Isaiah Wilson is coming off a unofficial to A2 and enjoyed his visit.  He wants to make a summer decision.


from The BIG HOUSE Blog http://mbighouse.blogspot.com/2016/02/wolverine-wednesday-taysom-hill-staying.html

No comments:

Post a Comment