Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Michigan Tuesday: I'm Clearly A Basketball Jinix

I enjoy watching John Beilein's team play basketball.   I'm not religious about watching it like I am a football game.   My Saturday revolves around the football game and most everything else has to be scheduled outside of that game window.    If Michigan Basketball is on TV, I of course will turn it on to watch. 


This season has been a bit up and down for the young Wolverines.   They have had a couple good wins and couple bad loses.   I watched them lose a big lead in Columbus and play poorly in Hawaii against LSU.   I didn't catch the MSU game this past weekend as we went out to lunch, I also didn't see the Texas or UCLA wins.   I did catch the end of the Purdue game, to see Michigan lose it at the buzzer.  So I got to thinking, this team really plays well, when I don't watch them live. 


I started to test that theory last night.  I watched the first half and Michigan barley scored 20 points and were down by 10 at half-time.   So at the half, I took a break from the game and kept checking the score on my phone.   I see Michigan gets the lead and then I turn it back on.   I watch the Wolverines miss free throws and shoot air balls from three.   It's now clearly me, so I turn the game off and keep track of the score on my phone.


With two minutes left, it looks like Michigan is comfortably ahead.   I turn the game back on, to see Michigan miss two free throws and Maryland hit a 3 pointer with 3 seconds to take the lead.   Ok, it's clear I'm the problem!  :-) 


Yes, I turn the game off and followed the ending of the game on my phone.  MAAR hits two free throws for the win.  Verdict reached! 


  • Michigan made the Sherrone Moore hire official.  He will coach the Tight Ends.


  • Michigan Basketball is now in the top 25, at #23
.
  • Rice LT transfer Calvin Anderson seemed to have a positive meeting with Jimmy yesterday.  Lets hope he takes a visit to Ann Arbor.







from The BIG HOUSE Blog http://mbighouse.blogspot.com/2018/01/michigan-tuesday-im-clearly-basketball.html

No comments:

Post a Comment