Friday, April 26, 2019

Michigan Friday: Happy For #10 & #3

If you asked me to rank Michigan's defensive players on performance last year.   This is how I would have ranked them:
  1. Devin Bush 
  2. Chase Winovich 
  3. David Long
  4. Rashan Gary 
The NFL Draft research coverage is getting much better.   I used to scratch my head when it came to Wolverines in the Draft.  It seemed the analysts didn't watch enough tape on the Wolverines and had strange takes on former Michigan players.   I have also been wrong, I never expected Frank Clark to sign a $100M contract.   

The reviews on Gary is spot on, he didn't have the production numbers he should have, but he commonly was double teamed (which freed up Winovich) but he also played through a shoulder injury that he injured in that disastrous practice prior to the ND game that also took out Black.    Green Bay is considering playing Gary at LB in what I expect is the Clay Matthews role.   Gary is still an athletic freak and I can see him doing big things in Green Bay.  

Devin is just a missile and a great pick for the Steelers who pride themselves on great LB play.  He is a perfect fit for the Steel City and Chase Winovich's home town.

Congrats to both Devin and Rashan on getting drafted by legendary NFL franchises. 

I expect we hear Winovich and Long's name in the second round tonight.

  • I wasn't surprised about Haskins dropping but was surprised that Daniel Jones went #6.   The Giants have had a head scratching off season. 

  • Coach Gattis and Coach Brown are traveling this week visiting recruits in the 2020 and 21 classes.  


from The BIG HOUSE Blog http://mbighouse.blogspot.com/2019/04/michigan-friday-happy-for-10-3.html

No comments:

Post a Comment