Friday, April 12, 2019

Michigan Friday: What To Watch During The Spring Game

I don't expect it to be a game and more of a padded practice.  It also won't be on TV, so many of us will have to rely on social media and TV highlights.

If your attending this is what I would look for:
  1. Speed in Space - What does the offense look like?  Is it pass heavy and does Michigan show tempo.  
  2. Is RB a disaster?   Yes, its Spring but this position has little to no depth.
  3. DE - This position took a huge hit this off season.  Are the guys able to rush the passer?
  4. LB - Who will replace Bush?
  5. Ambry Thomas - Is he ready to be a superstar?
  6. Tarik Black - Is he healthy and ready to dominate the Big Ten?
  7. Oliver Martin - Does he have a role on this team?
  8. Where is Ben Mason playing? I actually think its really bad news that he is playing DE and is a huge red flag that Michigan is lacking depth at that position. 
I don't have any concern at the QB's and expect them to look good and bad as they still have under 15 practices learning a new offense.   You might want to wish Brandon Peters "good luck", as this is probably the last time we see him in a Michigan uniform.

If you make it out, have fun and I hope the weather holds.  

  • You have to love this:  Chris Partridge who has been on Michigan's staff 5 years or so, said this:
“I’ve got blood in my mouth,” Partridge said. “There’s no qualms about it. So yeah – for me, the motivation is how (it ended) last year. I don’t wake up a day and not think about it, that’s for sure. I know Don feels the same way.
“I want to be candid: those guys left, and it was another shot. It’s wasn’t okay! That’s how I feel, I’m not speaking for anyone else. I’m ultra-motivated. I make sure my guys that I get in front of, that they hear it, and they know that every single day when I wake up, I’m motivated. I want to take this thing, I want to hit it in the mouth, I want to go get it.
“I just think each person is motivated their own way, but I just know my personal opinion: I’m going to coach harder than I ever imagined I can coach. I’m going to be more aggressive than I ever have been before, and we’re going to try to make sure that scoreboard never looks like it did last year.”
Deep Thoughts:  If Michigan is "the team up North" - Does that make Jimmy the King of the North?  
Enjoy the game, the Masters, and the Game of Thrones on Sunday.  


from The BIG HOUSE Blog http://mbighouse.blogspot.com/2019/04/michigan-friday-what-to-watch-during.html

No comments:

Post a Comment